Heinsa is built in an ascending series of three courtyards, up the slope of Mt. Gaya near Daegu. It was founded in 802, destroyed by fire in 1817, and rebuilt in 1818; only the Tripitaka Library (1488) was spared. Heinsa originally belonged to the Seon (Zen) tradition, and is currently a Jogye establishment.
This scene is located on the path leading up to Heinsa.