Kofuku-ji, the clan temple of the Fujiwara, was established at Nara when the imperial court moved there in 710 AD. The temple was destroyed by the Taira, rivals of the Fujiwara, in the 12th century Heike wars. Rebuilt after the Minamoto victory, its present buildings are 13th and 15th century copies of the Nara originals. The buildings themselves, and many of the sculptures which they contain, are designated as National Treasures by the Japanese government. This photograph shows the East Golden Hall (1415) and Five-Story Pagoda (1426).